Wednesday, January 31, 2007

persistance

ben and i went to target again today. (yes supertarget is our favorite place to go)

well ... ben went looking for the dog food. i am not joking. as soon as we got in the store he told me he needed to find the dog food.

apparently he feels that if he keeps reminding me that eventually i'll get tired of saying no.

i'm so torn on this. i don't want a dog. i don't want to clean up after it. i don't want to go outside picking up poop. i don't want to have to get up at night to let it out. i just finally got alex to sleep somewhat decent hours!!!

however, i want ben to have a dog. i want to see how he showers it with unconditional love. i want to see his face light up when he sees that this little creature is his ... FOR REAL! i want to hear the name that he comes up with for his VERY OWN dog! (as obnoxious as i'm sure it will be) i want to see them both grow to be the best of friends.

*sigh*

i wonder if there is a dog out there that doesn't shed, poop, or bark.

p.s. don't anybody suggest a cat.

in the meantime i have decided that sending them outside to play with ellie, the golden retriever from next door will have to do.



p.s. for those who care -- i have changed my options so you don't need to be registered to leave comments. i didn't know i had it set that way :) ha ha :)

7 comments:

Deby said...

We went to Target today too!

As far as the dog goes, you know you'll have to do all of those things that you don't want to do, right?

What am I saying, I'm a pushover. I'm the one who bought Butterscotch the Horse for my daughter for Christmas. However, Butterscotch doesn't poop or pee or need to go for walks or have to be put outside in the middle of the night and her food is free too!

Anonymous said...

I am also all for the dog. The poop isn't that big of a deal, especially seeing you have 2 boys that can pick it up. :) With a dog comes responsibility, so it can be one of Ben's jobs and/or responsibilities to help clean up after it.

As far as the shedding, Ryan puts salmon oil on Moose's food and supposedly that helps cut down on the shedding a lot. Or, if all else fails, just get a dog that doesn't shed as much.

My opinion....get the dog! :)

Danyelle said...

Sure now you fix it, after I already signed up for an account...geesh haha. GET HIM A DOG!!! Just remember that every time you guys run off to Disney wherever you have to find a dog sitter. Tell ya what though i'll find out what kind of dog my friend has. It doesnt bark hardly at all, and shedding is very very minimal, AND smaller dog so smaller poop. (chantingly here)Bens getting a dog...bens getting a dog...hehehe

elizabeth said...

yes, ben should get a dog!! i'm such a pushover mom (remember all the dopey overpriced princess stuff i bought for olivia at disney when she begged for it??)

and i vote for a big dog...he needs a dog he can wrestle and do other boyish stuff. not sure what that boyish stuff is yet cuz all garrett says to molly is 'molly kennel now!' which means 'molly get in the basement.'

oh and tell stacey to say goodbye to his nice lawn :)

Deby said...

So will you be getting dogs for all the kids then? Cuz if you get one for Ben, the other boys will want their OWN dog. (Ok, so maybe Alex doesn't care...yet.)

I'm totally anti-dog, my comments didn't say just how anti-dog I am, but I just don't want a dog in our house. They pee and poop on the carpet, destroy things that I don't want destroyed, shed all over, and it's just one more thing to have to take care of. I always say, I have kids, I don't want a dog too!

elizabeth said...

funny anti-dog comments :) they totally are one more thing to take care of. and just to warn ya...we call our dog 'kid #4'.

sarah said...

ya .. that's the problem. i'm already cleaning up after 4 boys. (yes 4...stacey counts) i can't imagine adding another!