well... i have no idea what i did last time. BUT .. tonight i tried to replicate it. and i failed.
miserably.
tonight we have yet another batch of flat cookies.
now, flat warm chocolate chip cookies are still better than no chocolate chip cookies. but, i was thinking we were really on to something.
if anyone has any good ideas on how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie - let me know.
it has to be chewy - no cakey. so don't tell me more flour.
and yes i've tried butter - salted and unsalted.
and no i will not make my cookies with crisco - that is disgusting.
6 comments:
Unfortunatly I have the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe...it really is the best I have some sitting in my freezer waiting for a nice warm oven to cook them to perfection, but the recipe involves crisco...so so sorry! but I bet if you were to ever eat one you wouldn't care!!!
i can't make a good one & it drives me crazy... my gramma's recipe & cookies are the best, but i can't duplicate them :-(
jennifer d.
i usually use 2 sticks of butter and 1/2c. extra flour (nestle recipe). then take them out early and they are not cakey and super nice & chewy. i've used 1/2 butter/crisco and those taste good too. try it, you'll like it...well that's what i tell my kids :) i agree...flat cookies are not good.
My friend who is a cooking GODDESS says the secret is to use cold cookie sheets to keep the cookies from getting too flat. I agree, it works a bit. I always just use the recipe on the chocolate chip package.
Hi Sarah!
Long time no see, I found you thru the Martin's blog. Hope all is well--the boys are adorable :)
Re: cookies--they get flat if the butter is too soft/warm (or not enough flour). So--don't soften in the microwave, and don't take it out of the fridge way before you are ready to make the dough. You still want to be able to work with it, obviously, but it shouldn't stick to the wrapper either.
I have to agree with Elizabeth on the 1/2 butter, 1/2 crisco - you can buy crisco in the sticks - is that still too gross? Also, my cookies are much better on my pampered chef stones than on my metal cookie sheets. Good luck! If you need help taste testing, let me know :)
Post a Comment