to start off - the view is a show that i tivo. i consider it my way of "keeping informed" :) it's much easier to watch than fox news. ha ha. i watch hot topics and then skip through the segments to ones that interest me. NOW .. on to the thoughts spinning in my mind. i think after today i've come full circle with rosie. last year when barbara announced rosie would be taking meredith's spot on the view i was SO disappointed. i thought rosie was a loud, obnoxious, opinionated ... well... out of control loon. but i told myself i would give it a chance and stick with it just to see how it went. i ended up loving it. rosie added a really funny perspective. i actually looked forward to watching every single show! she kept her political views under control. she and elisabeth debated but it was usually informed and controlled. she offered so many funny mom/parenting stories that i loved. and she is good with guests. HOWEVER ... the past few weeks (since announcing she was leaving) have gotten just annoying. EVERY SINGLE DAY rosie brings up the fact that she thinks that we are being spoon fed the word terrorism and that there really isn't such a thing. some people have even taken her comments to mean that she thinks we are the terrorists for invading iraq. today she and elisabeth had an all out world war 3. (if you don't tivo the view you can watch it on youtube if you're interested). they ended the hot topics segment screaming at each other. rosie completely attacked elisabeth and her character. so .. it's on rosie. elisabeth rocks!! she is so well informed and i love what she stands for. it's one thing to debate politics ... it's another thing to pull a donald trump and make personal attacks. i am back to thinking rosie is loud, obnoxious, and out of control. it's a good thing she's leaving soon.
until then i'm thinking of making a shirt that says "team hasselbeck"
4 comments:
i totally agree.
i'm anxious to see how they spin it today. if barbara comes on and is all nicey nicey to rosie and acts like they are all one big happy family i might just gag.
it's just getting too annoying lately...politics, politics, politics...with rosie thinking she has the ONLY correct opinion.
i'm so proud of elisabeth, though. i don't know how she keeps it together and fires back at rosie. i'd turn into a blubbering mess.
go team hasselbeck!
I'm dvr'ing it today to see what happens ;-)
I would definitely have started crying if I was Elisabeth. I couldn't handle it.
I don't think I totally agree with Elisabeth's stance, but I definitely don't agree with Rosie and her attitude. She sooo irritates me.
If I could talk to Elizabeth I would just say "You go Girl". I don't see the show often, but when I have she has impressed me with her core values and the guts to stand up for them!
Wow, Rosie is gone! I guess she's too good to stick around. I think her leaving the show makes her look even worse.
Post a Comment