at the beginning of the school year
one of drew's teachers sent home a letter.
she wanted us to write her a letter
telling her about drew
in a million words or less.
i just now realized that i never put it up on my blog
but I want to save it on here
SO ...
i give you ...
drew ... in a million words ... or less
by me

one of drew's teachers sent home a letter.
she wanted us to write her a letter
telling her about drew
in a million words or less.
i just now realized that i never put it up on my blog
but I want to save it on here
SO ...
i give you ...
drew ... in a million words ... or less
by me

When thinking about describing Drew in a million words or less, my first thought is that I am glad it is me doing the writing. I believe he would struggle to keep it under a million words. His mind is ALWAYS going. It is probably his greatest strength and his strongest weakness. He thinks deeply about EVERYTHING and does a great job of thinking outside of the box. He LOVES to talk and share his ideas. The problem can be getting him to stop. He is a great verbal communicator. But, oftentimes he struggles to express himself in writing because it would take much too long to write or type everything he has to say.
Drew is my oldest of 3 boys. I could sum it up by saying he loves God, he loves football, and he loves cheeseburgers. But, then you might miss some of the reasons why he is SO special to us. So, I will continue on for just a bit more.
Drew has 2 little brothers - Ben, who is 9, and Alex, who is 6. He is a gentle, kind and loving big brother and I couldn’t ask for him to be a better role model. He is confident and adjusts well to change. Although he spent time at 3 elementary schools, due to boundary changes and a move, he adjusted well and used it as an opportunity to make more friends.
Drew does very well in school and loves to learn. He has a lot of friends and loves to be social. Many of his friends come from his sports teams. Right now he is in the middle of his football season. He plays for the Lions and is surrounded by a group of friends that take great pride in their team. He also plays basketball and is hoping to play baseball this spring. He may not be the best athlete, but that has never caused him to quit. He tries and has fun and that’s all that matters to us.
In addition to playing sports, Drew loves to watch sports. My husband and I grew up in Wisconsin and have passed a love for the Packers and the Badgers on to our boys. Drew LOVES the Packers and will jump at any chance to let people know. He also loves the Twins. He has been to many Twins games and this year even got the opportunity to go to Spring Training in Florida and meet a lot of the players.
When he isn’t at school or playing sports Drew enjoys playing Xbox, playing outside with neighbors, swimming, fishing, or tinkering on his IPod. He loves to read and I am always amazed at the wide variety of books he chooses. Some of his all-time favorites have been the Harry Potter series, James Patterson’s Daniel X series, and the Books of Ember series. He also loves to read non-fiction and reads about everything from Brett Favre to the Guinness Book of World Records.
In the past eleven years he has done a great job of making me smile. He has given me lots of hugs and has made being a mom a FABULOUS full time job! I hope that we have him on the right track to one day be a great husband, a great employee, and a great father. BUT, for now, we are enjoying the messy room, busy schedule, and noisy house because the time that we have with him is going way too fast!
I hope that you have a great year with him. I hope that he is hardworking and respectful and I hope that you can learn to appreciate him as much as we have. If you need anything, we are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment