each year in november i have the boys do a thankful tree.
basically they start with a bare trunk and add a leaf everyday that has something they are thankful for written on it.
(here's a picture of ben's from last year to give you an idea of what they look like)
of course we have fun looking back at the things they've said on trees from the past.
but ... it's also fun to hear the random answers they come up with when we're creating them.
i was thinking this year might be a bit more predictible. last year ben was still pretty young, so his answers were really funny and VERY random.
in this train of thought, however, i forgot that drew's mind has taken a HUGE jump this year.
today drew is thankful for the pilgrims and that they decided to come and create a new world for us.
now how do i fit that on a leaf???

4 comments:
What a GREAT idea! I love it!! I just may have to do that with MY kiddos this month as well. What a neat way to focus on thankfulness and what a neat way to capture their "thought processes" at each different age! Thanks for sharing!!! :-)
Wow, I think I have the exact colors for my leaves that you had last year ;-) Today, initially Katherine said she was thankful for chocolate milk but then changed to carrots...
Do any of those leaves say Grandma?Just hoping!!
That is soooo cool. Good for you for creating something like that. How neat. Now I'll have to steal that idea, okay?
Post a Comment