last night on our way out of the party alex was given a caramel apple.
he held it all the way home ...
i brought him inside, asleep, and took it - thinking he had forgotten about it.
not even close.
he was still 1/2 asleep,yet he had enough in him to say ..
'caramel apple, mommy!'
seeing as though it was late and i knew i could never convince him otherwise ...
i let him hold onto it as he fell asleep, as well.
although he is sleeping on this VERY obnoxious pillow case that we got from children's hospital
(that he also insists upon) ...
i am hoping you can see the caramel apple held tightly in his grip.

i figure maybe holding a caramel apple in your hand brings sweeter dreams.
he held it all the way home ...
i brought him inside, asleep, and took it - thinking he had forgotten about it.
not even close.
he was still 1/2 asleep,yet he had enough in him to say ..
'caramel apple, mommy!'
seeing as though it was late and i knew i could never convince him otherwise ...
i let him hold onto it as he fell asleep, as well.
although he is sleeping on this VERY obnoxious pillow case that we got from children's hospital
(that he also insists upon) ...
i am hoping you can see the caramel apple held tightly in his grip.

i figure maybe holding a caramel apple in your hand brings sweeter dreams.

4 comments:
I hope he too has "sweeter" dreams tonight because of the carmel apple. How cute is that. I love the picture.
I am glad to see I am not the only "crazy" mom out there. I have been tempted to take a few pictures of Katrina this past week as she has asked to sleep with some strange things... One night, she actually had her little piano and the bench in her bed with her. There was almost no room for her. I must admit, however, a caramel apple would be a stretch for me with the fear that it would get in her hair and we would have the mess of a lifetime in the morning.
ha ha. well at least it was still wrapped up!
i think kids know we'll agree to pretty much anything if it means they'll go to bed :)
Ah, I like the pillow case. It looks dr.seuss. We here in the Nelson household like the Dr. Seuss. And We here in the Nelson household also like our Carmel Apples..yummmmmy
Post a Comment