this morning was my surgery.
of course it was a hard day ...
one that i wouldn't wish on anyone ...
BUT ...
it feels good to have it over.
although i've had it done 2 other times ...
that didn't make me any less nervous.
thankfully ...
things went perfectly.
the nurses, doctors, and anesthesia team were all EXCELLENT!
in fact ... it only took the IV team one try to get me hooked up.
(when i went in to deliver alex it took 7 !
(when i went in to deliver alex it took 7 !
the nurses each tried and then the anesthesiologist just decided to do it himself)
so getting it on the first try is crazy!
now ... stacey is over wiring the house for our audio system ...
my 3 very tired crazies are sleeping ...
and i am enjoying pineapple dipped in chocolate from edible arrangements.
(a snack that i never knew that i liked - but now LOVE)
YUM!
thanks again to everyone that helped us out with the kids, left comments, sent notes, and called. it means a lot to know that people were thinking about and praying for us.
it's been a crazy few days -
but each day gets a little easier ... we get a little stronger.
and i can't ask for much more than that:)
6 comments:
Sarah-just sending you all the love I can from miles away-you have been in my thoughts continually since Thursday, but especially today-As your Mom,I am so in awe of your strength, patience, and loving heart. I love you soooooo much and am so proud of the beautiful wife and mother you are-Hugs and kisses to you-You are loved more than you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!!
Mmmm...pineapple dipped in chocolate! Delicious! I'm so glad that everything went smoothly today. I'm sure it was, and will continue to be, emotionally painful. But the strength you are showing is unbelievable. If you need anything, you know where to find me.
Sarah,
I just can't imagine all the emotions that you are feeling...just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You have 3 handsome young men in your house (4 if you count your husband), so you definitely have something to be proud of!!
Jenny
i'm so glad that your yucky day is over and horray for just one iv poke :)
i totally agree with the other comments - you're one strong mom!!!
take care :)
Sending you hugs...
I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this. May God continue to uphold you as you grieve, my friend! Thanks for sharing your heart!
Sarah,
Please know that I am praying for you continually.
Post a Comment