Friday, September 24, 2010

today's jaunt

today was our first 'run' at the jefferson jaunt.

it's a fundraiser that drew and ben's school does
where the kids walk for 2 miles on nearby paths ...
and today was the day!

it was windy and not SUPER warm ...
BUT that didn't stop us.

we (alex and i) started out with ben's class ...



we walked part of the way ...



took a water break ...



and then walked again
UNTIL
we met up with drew's class ...

and then walked some more with them ...



a few random thoughts after today:

- i LOVE both of my kids teachers -
they are PERFECT fits

- i would be ok if it was a long time before
i was in a tunnel with 2nd or 4th graders again

- i forget what 4th grade girls are like
AND
i have a new appreciation for young male teachers
that have to teach them ;)
i don't think that the girls left drew's teacher's side the ENTIRE 2 miles ;)
- 2nd graders can yell REALLY loud -
especially when in a chanting match against other classes.
i will probably be hearing 'TWO J O' being chanted in my sleep tonight.

- i loved being able to spend the afternoon with their classes -
it's always fun to be able to put faces to names
and to work on building my reputation as 'drew's mom' or 'ben's mom' ;)
it seems like the past TWO schools i have JUST started to feel good about knowing
a lot of the kids and having them recognize me -
and then we switched.
SO we're starting over AGAIN
and i'm SLOWLY getting there

- both boys have fallen quickly into their classes
and have made a lot of friends.
it feels like it's been much longer than a few weeks!

i couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

It was a great day at the Jaunt. The weather wasn't the greatest, but the kids had a fun time. I love your pictures and the way you scrapbooked them together...I would love to learn how to do that. I also love Emma's teacher and have a very good feeling about the school.

Deby said...

1-P-A! 1-P-A! :)

I wish I had a better feeling about Katherine's place in her class. It'll just take time, I suppose. I miss Mrs. Underbakke. :-(